.

.

Saturday 19 April 2014

Iced green tea on the Shinkansen

Hello from Japan!!

We have been in Tokyo for the last four days which has been amazing and fabulous!!! We have done lots of shopping, eating ramen and noodles, and enjoying being swept along by the crowds as we explore different parts of the city.

Today we travelled by Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Kyoto. As we had been told by everyone who has been to Japan, the rail service is amazing. The train is clean, comfortable and punctual. We were able to buy drinks and snacks from a cart that arrived twice during the trip. 


I don't really like green tea, however I am trying to learn to like it! It is very healthy and in Kyoto it is the tea used in the traditional tea ceremonies. Ella likes green tea so when she ordered a bottle of cold tea I decided to join her. 


I love the packaging here in Japan. This close up of the bottle shows the gorgeous detail - and it didn't taste too bad either.


Isn't this chip pack great? I love this image of The Great Wave. This one is coming home in my suitcase! 

More from Kyoto when I get a chance - hoping to do a traditional tea ceremony here. 

Vanna xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.