.

.

Monday 7 April 2014

'Why Not' cafe - our last morning in New York

This is my last 'tea post' from New York - when I get a chance I'll post some photos of a couple of book shops and thrift shops we visited as well.


Sadly we are leaving for home this evening (March 8th) and we are starting the day at the cafe on the corner of the street where we have been staying in an apartment in the West Village.

I have watched the cafe from our apartment window and have seen a steady hum of customers at all times of the day and night - many of them sitting with laptops, I guess working, reading and communicating. It really seems to be the thing to do in this city - also cafes are cosy warm places to get away from the cold. 


I have finally ordered correctly and once again got a lovely large mug of English Breakfast with room for milk! Steve had his usual hot chocolate and we shared a delicious pain aux raisins.



I love the way the milk is displayed here in this cafe. Right next to it is a turn table playing Stevie Wonder - so cool.

So off we go now to fill as much as we can into our last few hours. The sun has come out and its a beautiful day in New York! New York!!


Vanna xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.