.

.

Saturday 12 April 2014

A colourful cuppa!

 
The books are old Enid Blyton's that I saved from the library last year. **
 
 
During the week I met my friend Josephine at a local café for a quick cuppa. As far as writing goes Josephine is the real thing. She has been an inspiration to me for the last few years, always encouraging me to write and sharing her thoughts and ideas about writing. Josephine's blog was the first blog I ever read, and has been a big part of giving me the courage to start my own blog. I love to spend time over at her gorgeous Tale Peddler blog and encourage you to have a look, and also discover her work. I am excited to read her next book which will be published soon!
 
As you can see we had a very colourful cuppa which suited our conversation and spirits. It is so lovely to spend time with like minded souls who share interests and ideas about the things that matter in life. It is easy to get caught up and feel like you don't have time, however for a while now I have been mindful of using my time well and spending it with people who make me feel good. Rick Hanson - who writes about the neuroplasticity of the brain and mindfulness, talks about 'watering your fruit tree', a phrase that he accepts is rather corny, however makes a lot of sense. In order to maintain your well-being he says, you need to 'nourish the things that nourish you'. For me, finding time for people who inspire me, who make me laugh and who make me feel good about myself, is an important part of my self nourishment. As is making time for cups of tea too of course!
 
Vanna xxx
 
**photo taken by Josephine Pennicott
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Vanna, your beautiful words made my day. I'm so honoured that my Tale Peddler encouraged you to start your own blog and I'm so delighted that you find some inspiration with me. You are really a beautiful soul who has touched and impacted on many lives in this area. I think it's so brilliant that you're beginning now to tap into your creativity as with the Gnostic Gospels I truly believe that 'if you bring forth what is within you - it will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you - it will destroy you.' Safe travels and I look forward to our next cuppa and contemplation. xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.