.

.

Sunday 16 March 2014

elizabella's

Thus afternoon (March 6th) we spent a few hours looking around the beautiful town of Ridgefield, Connecticut, where we are staying the night to see The Cowboy Junkies at their local Playhouse.

We had to stop at Elizabella's Bakeshop as it looked so inviting through the window, and as we walked in a group of girls told us that the cookies were great! 



















                       Elizabeth, the owner, and her son, were very friendly and we had a long chat with them as we looked at her beautiful display of tea, cups and pots,  and baking goodies.
 


Isn't this display gorgeous! I wish I could have taken it all home with me! 

We left with some English Breakfast tea, chamomile and lemon tea bags, and a box of delicious chocolate cookies baked by Elizabeth. Oh, and also 3 jars of caramel and chocolate sauce - yum! 


I had to take a photo of this divine green cup and saucer. 

One of my favourite things about travelling is the opportunity it gives you to talk to so many different people. Over here our Australian accents are like an invitation to start a conversation. Today as well as loving being in such a gorgeous and fun shop, I feel like I learnt a little bit about what it would be like to live in this town which is so different from home in Sydney's Inner West. 

Vanna xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.