.

.

Saturday 14 December 2013

Taking the time for tea


This is another of the books that I found at the library. Obviously I couldn't resist this very informative little gem, published in London in 1949, about my favourite addiction - tea. 

I love the following, very precise directions for making a cup of tea ...
(the print is a little blurry in these images, so I hope you can read it)





This is a lovely reminder to take time to make the tea just right. Our days are often so rushed and filled with 'important' things to do that convenience has taken over from quality. I believe that the process and the experience is just as important as the end result.

This afternoon I made a pot of French Earl Grey for my Mum and I which we drank out of lovely old tea cups. I must admit I didn't follow these directions, and I always put the milk in last, but it tasted just right.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.