.

.

Saturday 7 June 2014

Long Weekend Reading

It is a long weekend in Sydney and I plan to spend large amounts of it reading!

After a visit to my favourite local book shop- Better read than Dead, I am well prepared.



Currawong Manor is the fabulous Josephine Pennicott's new book. Find out more at josephinepennicot.com
Her previous book Poet's Cottage was beautiful and intriguing, so I am really looking forward to this one.



I first saw Andrew Solomon doing a TED talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_love_no_matter_what  which just blew me away. I had to wait for this book after it had sold out as a result of his popularity at the Sydney Writers Festival.  

Two very different books - I'm not sure where Ill start. Perhaps I'll swap between the two. At the moment I am enjoying that gorgeous feeling of having brand new books just waiting to be opened.

Time to make a cup of tea and let the long weekend begin!



5 comments:

  1. I have read, and really enjoyed Poet;s corner It made me feel like going live to Tasmania. I'm looking forward to this next book

    ReplyDelete
  2. but I think it was Poet's Cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Wendy - it is Poets Cottage. I've corrected it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Vanna, thanks so much for supporting my book - so appreciated. It's funny how many people confuse it with Poet's Corner! Shades of Westminster Abbey! I hope you enjoy my world of Currawong Manor and you have a beautiful rainy long weekend to curl up with a book. Thank you again - word of mouth means everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so eager to start reading that I didn't do a proper edit of the post! Vx

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.