.

.

Sunday 11 May 2014

An abundance of (mostly green) tea!





Cherry blossom tea - we were given this on our arrival at the ryokan (traditional guest house) in Kyoto. It was very salty and served with a slice of watermelon which balanced the taste.



I loved this teapot which was also in the ryokan for us to serve ourselves green tea.



Tea was offered on arrival or available at every restaurant. This is at a fantastic sushi train place in Kyoto which had lightly flavoured green tea on tap! By this stage of the trip I was really enjoying green tea after drinking so much of it!



As green is my favourite colour I just loved seeing the many shades of it and the way it contrasts so beautifully with the cups. 



 
Green tea bags - all the way from Kyoto! Now in my kitchen in Sydney waiting to be enjoyed during a quiet moment - or used to encourage some quiet when it's needed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.