.

.

Tuesday 18 February 2014

I love my job!

 
There are many reasons that I love my job as a preschool teacher and getting to celebrate my birthday at work is one of them. What could be better than seeing 25 smiling 3 and 4 year olds singing happy birthday to you!
 
 
 
It was my birthday last week and my boss and friend made me this gorgeous cake after consulting with the children the day before regarding decoration and flavor. All morning I got not so subtle hints from the children that I would be having a surprise. One girl was particularly excited and regularly came up  to tell me "It's your birthday Vanna. You're going to like the surprise. It's tasty. You're gonna love it!" 
 
The anticipation, and the excitement when we finally had the cake (after waiting for what was so long for them) on the children's faces was beautiful. As well as their obvious excitement about getting some cake the children's involvement also shows their ability to share in someone else's special moment and the innate openness of their hearts as they join in and celebrate. 

Life is good when work is love heart cakes, singing,
smiles, and birthday hugs!


2 comments:

  1. Your children (and their parents) must appreciate so much all the sparkle you bring to your work, Vanna.I always think working with children must bring so much energy and life to people. Happy belated birthday wishes and hope 2014 is filled with bliss and blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Josephine - I always feel very grateful that my work is so rewarding and through it I meet so many special people like you! Vanna xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.