.

.

Thursday 30 January 2014

Happy new Year ...again!

I was unsure about whether to write about my Dad, however thought that it would feel weird to keep blogging without mentioning something so significant.


I found this quote a while ago and each time I read it I feel peaceful and calm ...and it feels very relevant to me at the moment...

In difficult moments
remember that everything passes.
Sit quietly inside your home.
Spring will come again.

Loy Ching Yuen (1873-1960)



So life goes on ... and I've decided that for a fresh start to 2014 I'm going to celebrate Chinese New Year this year (31st Jan) and hopefully bring myself some good luck by following a few of the customs that are part of this important celebration.

After talking to my friend Sarina about the new year traditions she follows, and reading a little about Chinese New Year I have decided to:

* Give my house a good clean before new year

* Buy something new to wear on New years eve to symbolise a fresh beginning - preferably red as it is the colour of good luck.

* Have a special family dinner on New Year's Eve - 30th Jan. Give everyone some lucky new year candy.

* Give my children red lucky money envelopes with some money inside to symbolise prosperity and good luck.





 

* Spend some time quietly sending wishes for a peaceful, happy and healthy year for all people and beings and for the world.

May your Year of the Horse be filled with peace, happiness and wellbeing.

Vanna xxx
 

Decluttering update! Although I've missed a few days of throwing out one thing, the fact that on quite a few days I've moved more than one means I'm still on track. 
The other day I bought a shirt for $1 at a garage sale - when I tried it on at home it really didn't suit me so it went straight into the Vinnies bag. I think it might be cheating to call that my one thing decluttered for that day!

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Vanna, that is a beautiful quote. I shall write it in my spiritual journal. Wishing you and your family a glorious 2014. I love those New Year Traditions as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spiritual journal sounds like a lovely idea - I love to collect quotes but they are all over the place! Vx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.