.

.

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Turkish apple tea

Last week I went to a local turkish restaurant for our end of term work dinner. At the end of a delicious meal we had tea and coffee and yummy sweets kindly gifted to us by one of our beautiful preschool families. I ordered an apple tea and when it arrived it looked so pretty alongside my friend's coffee that I had to take a photo to share.


The tea was sweet, warm and just perfect for a cold Winter's night. I expect it is full of sugar or honey but it is worth it! It reminded me of Ella's discovery of hot apple cider in New York when the temperature was below zero. We all enjoyed a few cups over our time there - it warms up both your body and your soul.

Mmmm - time for a cup of tea now, and then I'm going out to buy some apple tea, or maybe find out how to make some of my own.

Stay warm,
Vanna xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Vanna, I saw this quote the other day and thought of you:
    We could learn to stop when the sun goes down and when the sun comes up. We could learn to listen to the wind; we could learn to notice that it’s raining or snowing or hailing or calm. We could reconnect with the weather that is ourselves, and we could realize that it’s sad. The sadder it is, and the vaster it is, the more our heart opens. We can stop thinking that good practice is when it’s smooth and calm, and bad practice is when it’s rough and dark. If we can hold it all in our hearts, then we can make a proper cup of tea.

    ~ Pema Chodron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Josephine - that's so beautiful. I am a big fan of Pema Chodron - her book 'When things fall apart' was a huge help to me and really steered me towards a new way of thinking and living. Much love, Vanna xx

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.