.

.

Sunday 19 October 2014

Crazy contradictions

Yesterday as I was driving I was listening to the radio, and in the same news headlines were reports of thousands of people dying from the ebola virus and then the news that a horse had won 3 million dollars for wining a race. I had one of those moments where I wondered about the absolute insanity and unfairness of our world. Surely in a sane world that money would be going towards health and safety rather than rewarding people for forcing a horse to run fast. I know this is a very simplified reaction to reality and usually I don't let these contrasts bother me, however every now and then it just all seems too ridiculous.

Today however is a beautiful Spring day in Sydney - I'm sitting on my verandah writing and enjoying a cup of tea. The world seems a little less crazy and as always incredibly beautiful because of and in spite of these contradictions.

Vanna xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.