.

.

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Saying goodbye




My dear Dad passed away last week after a long illness. I am so sad and have cried many tears. I also have many happy memories and now feel a sense of release to be able to focus on them, rather than the worry and sadness of the last few years.

My Dad was a writer and he would have loved to know that I was blogging and sharing my thoughts. We shared the urge to write and to try to make sense of life and the world through words. Dad's memory and influence will live on in many ways, including here at tea and contemplation. 


Dad loved to share a cup of tea - this is one of his favourite cups. 


4 comments:

  1. "No one knows what tomorrow will bring or if we will be here to see it. The reality of now trumps the promise of tomorrow, so enjoy the moment for what it is"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vanna,
    I'm so sorry to read of your loss. As you may remember my father died two years ago and so I know exactly how you feel. Even if we believe they have gone onto the next part of their movie (which I do believe) we still have a grieving process to go through. How wonderful to read that your dad's writing gift has been passed along to you. I wish I could offer you more words of solace, but our dead are always with us when we keep their memories alive. Let yourself grieve and keep writing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josephine - as I was writing I remembered how you wrote so beautifully about your father. Vx

      Delete
  3. that's my favourite cup too..........
    love you.....

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.