.

.

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Please join me for a cuppa!

Hello and welcome to tea and contemplation.

After playing around for a while with blogger I have finally decided to take the plunge and make a public blog. It is a little scary to put my thoughts out into the world, however I do believe in the power of words and reflection, and hopefully by writing I will be able to sort my own ideas out a bit more and maybe even give you a reason to stop and have a cup of tea as you read and think.

Clearly having a cuppa is to me one of life's pleasures. The ritual of making the tea (even if it is usually only with a teabag!) and then drinking it, gives me a reason to slow down and take some time for myself.  I try my best to drink mindfully - to enjoy the moment, but there are still times when I look into the empty cup and realise I can barely remember drinking and have only just noticed that the tea is all gone. Then I am reminded that everyday routines provide endless opportunities for mindfulness. A cup of tea can be a trigger to stop, clear my mind and make some space for quiet contemplation.

Sharing and making tea for others is a way to show love and friendship. I have spent many hours talking, laughing, crying or just being quiet together over a cup of tea, with the people that matter to me. (My partner tells me that he has made me approximately 16790 cups of tea in our years together!). My hope is that tea and contemplation may become a place where ideas are shared and the every day is celebrated.

Vanna


“Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.” 
 - Thich Nhat Hanh



3 comments:

  1. Dear Vanna, Welcome to the world of blogging and I'm so pleased you have finally take the plunge. I also enjoy taking time to contemplate and sip tea. This post reminded me of another lost post on Sacred Tea ceremonies here:
    http://thelocalrose.com/magical-world-of-tea-served-by-baelyn/

    Thanks for your message as well and I shall email you with the promised links to the Divine Love. Sending you a kiss and a wave from across the roof-tops. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanna, i do believe i could learn a lot from you. You are one of the wisest women i know and you write beautifully. Hayley

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. All comments are moderated.